Tecumseh snow blower - Buried in NE, Help!

Old 12-20-08, 09:14 AM
Tecumseh snow blower - Buried in NE, Help!

I have a 1-year old Ariens Tecumseh snow king engine, OH195SA, snow blower. Went to start up for the first time this year (with new gas, etc.) and I am not getting any sort of gas flowing through when I push the primer bulb. When I stored after last season I ran all the gas out of the machine but forgot to close the fuel valve. Could there be air in the gas line? I'm not sure how the gas line could be clogged as the machine is virtually new. It feels like the gas just isn't moving through when I try to prime. And in taking off the gas cap and looking at the gas in the machine when I push the primer bulb multiple times nothing happens within the gas tank (like no gas is getting fed through). We had 8 inches of snow yesterday and expecting a lot more tomorrow. I have called around to various service places and they can not help me right away. Help???? Any suggestions on how this mechanically challenged person can get this snow blower started?
Much appreciated!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-08, 09:45 AM
The primer pushes air into the carb to push gas from the carb float bowl into the carb throat. Tos start, push the primer 2 times, choke on full, throttle on full. Should start on first or second pull.
When you pushed the primer many times, you now have it flooded.
Remove the spark plug, throttle on full, pull it over (or use elestric starter if equipped) a few times to blow out the excessive gas. I recomend putting a new spark plug in.
try it again.

Old 12-20-08, 09:48 AM
Thanks for responding but I do not think it is a flooding issue. I followed the 2-3 times prime from the beginning. I checked the spark plug and there is no gas at all within the area. Therefore I think that there is a blockage or problems in getting the gas fed through. Also, when I push the primer bulb there is only air, I can not smell any gas, etc. so I think it might be a primer problem. Thoughts?
Thanks!

Old 12-20-08, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by maggie View Post
Thanks for responding but I do not think it is a flooding issue. I followed the 2-3 times prime from the beginning. I checked the spark plug and there is no gas at all within the area. Therefore I think that there is a blockage or problems in getting the gas fed through. Also, when I push the primer bulb there is only air, I can not smell any gas, etc. so I think it might be a primer problem. Thoughts?
Thanks!
Maggie,
Sounds like your having the same problem as me. Click the link.
http://forum.doityourself.com/outdoo...ont-start.html

Old 12-20-08, 02:07 PM
I am going to take a guess and post my normal Tecumseh procedure, try it maybe it will solve your problem.

Clamp off the fuel line, remove the carb bowl, release the clamp to see if you have good fuel flow to the carb, raise the float to see that it shuts off the flow with minimal pressure, clean the junk from the bowl, clean the bowl nut, 2 holes close to the bottom and a tiny one about midway up(I usually use the wire from a twist tie), spray all holes, cracks and crevases with brake parts cleaner, reassemble and you should be good to go. If this didn't work it will be probably be necessary to rebuild the carb. If I missed something one of the real mechanics will post to help further. Refer to the photo below. Have a good one . Geo
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...c_bowl_nut.jpg