Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kohler 23hp starting problem

12-20-08, 02:26 PM   #1  
Kohler 23hp starting problem

I have a truck mounted carpet cleaning unit which has a Kohler 23 hp motore

Here’s the problem: the last 5-8 jobs my unit will run fine, then just shut down. It then starts right back up again, may run for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 30 min; then shuts back down. Starts right back up…eventually won’t start. Now I can’t get it started at all.
--No spark from the spark plug wire
--when I turn key to on and push in oil bypass button, I am getting 12 volts to the ignition coil.( No spark from the spark plug wire)
I’ve had ignition coil problems before but one of the main symptoms was that it(ignition coil) needed to cool down for a few minutes before it would start again. I understand it might have something to do with the governor. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated. If you could reply back today that would be awesome.

Sincerely,

Kent Taylor

Last edited by cheese; 12-22-08 at 12:16 AM.

Sponsored Links

TN

12-21-08, 10:32 AM   #2  
Your problems sounds coil related but without model and Spec. No. of your engine I can not say for sure. There are four different models of 23 HP Kohler engines.

Post the model and Spec. No. of your engine.

Download a service manual at:
Service & Owners Manuals - Service & Support - Kohler Engines

Search this Thread