snowblower won't drive

Old 12-21-08, 10:32 AM
snowblower won't drive

I have a Husqvarna 8024ST snowblower. While using it yesterday the drive stopped working. There were no parts on the ground. I read my manual and removed the cover to the drive belts. The belts looked in good condition. I started the engine and observed that the belt was moving on the pulleys. So the question is, do I need to replace the belt or is there something else that can be done? Is it normal for the belt to move and the drive to not engage? Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-08, 12:55 PM
The belt for the drive moves both pullies all the time. The lower pulley is attatched to the drive disc and is always spinning. When you press the lever on the handlebars, that pulls the spinning disc to contact the drive disc. The belt is not your problem.
Check to see if the cable (from the handle to the lever) are taught. There should be very slight slack. If the cable is too loose, it will not engage the friction disc.

Old 12-21-08, 02:12 PM
thanks for the suggestion. I will tighten all and see if that works. We have a raging storm right now so I am hopeful that this will do the trick.

Old 12-21-08, 03:45 PM
I tightened the traction control rod that attaches to the traction drive lever. I also tightened the nut on the clutch rod. This would adjust the shifter plate lever(?). I don't understand how these parts work together so I can not think my way through this. Should I have been loosening the nut on the clutch rod? Any further suggestions would be appreciated.