Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

john deere trs-24 help

12-21-08, 06:10 PM   #1  
john deere trs-24 help

hi,
newbie to forum.....looks like lots of good info here...
i have a question pertaining to my snow-thrower...
its a jd trs-24 that i got for the bubble....i changed oil,
put new fuel line and filter and lubed everything..carb started acting up after i filled up gas and put in seafoam.....got carb straightened out, but have one more problem..i changed out both belts and somehow the spring for the belt tensioner on the drive side came loose...it was still connected to the arm connected
to the tensioner, but i cant seem to find where the other end goes to...i dont know if i screwed it up trying to get old belt off or what...the auger tensioner
set up is fine......any help or ideas would be great and much appreciated....thanks in advance...keith

Sponsored Links

NH

12-22-08, 11:43 AM   #2  
Here ya go:
John Deere - Parts Catalog

12-22-08, 05:17 PM   #3  
Posted By: indypower Here ya go:
John Deere - Parts Catalog

thanks for the link...i found the exploded schematic for the area i m in but it only shows where springs go to arms , it doesnt show where other end of spring goes..maybe i m missing something or missed a section...
i m gonna look again and if i m still stumped, will try to post a pic.......thanks for your reply.....

12-27-08, 05:39 PM   #4  
went out in garage last nite....hooked spring to arm and used a zip tie to pull down low enough to get a grip with pliers and put spring where auger tensioner spring mounts..also adjusted cable and used electonics cleaner
on metal disc that rubber wheel makes contact with to
activate self propel mechanisim..had a bunch of crap on it...tried it today and it seems to pull well....didnt go full bore man on machine for the lawns sake, as we are melted down, but i think it will work....thanks...

02-14-10, 07:13 AM   #5  
I have the same problem

Where does that spring from the brake arm gets connect to? Is there any way you can attach an image of the auger assembly so I can visualize on my end?

I am stuck real bad and need to buy another new belt and a new spring, and a new brake. I cannot reassemble what I took apart. I have the JD manuals but it doesn't picture everything. Are your belt guides touching the belts and etc.. An picture of your auger assembly would help me a great deal..

Thanks, Jim

Search this Thread