Riding mower

Old 12-24-08, 06:46 AM
Riding mower

i have a 1.4 acre lot, i do have built in hills on the side where septic is built up. I am looking buy a rider and looking into a deere. I came across this posting and not sure about how good this machine is. I can get it for 1600$ THOUGHTS?
2008 Toro 42" ZTR mower -
2008 Toro 42" ZTR mower - $1600 (RI)

Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-08, 07:59 AM
Toro mowers are top quality. Zero turns are fast and agile. Is a 42 inch deck going to cut you acreage as quickly as you want?

Toro - Homeowner Zero Turn Mowers

Old 12-24-08, 08:15 AM
Looks like a good deal. Just make sure it has an oil filter on it. If you have hills, you need a pressurized oil system or you run the risk of seizing the engine.

Old 12-24-08, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Airman View Post
Toro mowers are top quality. Zero turns are fast and agile. Is a 42 inch deck going to cut you acreage as quickly as you want?

Toro - Homeowner Zero Turn Mowers
yes 42inches and nothing smaller should do the trick.

Old 12-25-08, 08:38 PM
Help me make a decision

i cant decide between the 2. the front yard is very slightly graded on a slope. i think that the toro would be great because its a Z turn and can turn on the dime although i have no obstacles in the yard but can I can turn around on the spot when cutting. I can get this for 1500$ on craigslist for a 2008 but it is used.
the joh deere L125 riding mower would be brand new for 1900$ and i could attach a plow to it for my driveway. Also since it is new from the dealer they would service it if anything goes wrong.