Help! How to fix Craftsman Dual Stage Snowblower.

Old 12-25-08, 05:31 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help! How to fix Craftsman Dual Stage Snowblower.

Hi,

I have a Craftsman dual stage snow blower ( Model C950-52109-0, 9HP, 2 inch). It's about 4-5 yrs old. When it was time to use it, the auger drive clutch lever was very loose and the blower could not turn the auger and pick up the snow and shoot it.

I have noticed that the auger drive belt was loose and bought a new one. My problem is that between the Traction Drive pulley and the Engine pulley there was a spring tension (165x159) that is broken in half so I bought this part as well.

My problem is that this spring is very tensed and cannot be stretched to join both ends (left part holding the idle pulley bar and a hole on the right hand side).

How can I put back that spring tension?????

Thanks!

Old 12-25-08, 01:30 PM
L
HELP HELP HELP!!! Engine Pulley keeps cutting the Auger spring tension!

Here is more info... I had no problem now putting the spring tension when I removed the entire front part.

The only thing is as soon as I start the blower, there are some sparks. And I have noticed that the Engine Pulley completely cut the spring stension is half. Is there any way to fix the engine pulley so that it is further from the spring? maybe I am missing a part?

Old 12-26-08, 06:07 AM
I
I am thinking that the spring is not hooked up in the correct place. There should be plenty of clearence between the pulley & spring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: