Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Can I add a headlight to Snow Blower?

12-31-08, 12:17 AM   #1  
Can I add a headlight to Snow Blower?

Hello

I bought a Yardmachine 2 Stage Snowblower. It has a 179CC engine. I don't know much about small engines, but I do know a lot about automotive electrical. I am wondering if there is anything that is on the engine that will "generate" DC electricity? Or do the snowblowers that have a headlight have some sort of generator or simple alternator to create electricity? My snowblower does not have a headlamp, but I would like to add one.
Thanks for you help.

Sponsored Links

12-31-08, 03:53 AM   #2  
it probably does not have an alternater. you could mount a battery and use a mainter type charger. with one light you should get a decent amount of time out of it before charging.
go with a low wattage light since you only need a few feet of range.

NH

12-31-08, 04:45 PM   #3  
Most snowblower engines do have an alternator. Look for a wire coming off the engine that is not attatched to anything. The en may look like half a fuse holder. Post the engine number and we can find out.

01-01-09, 12:45 PM   #4  
Just add a bicycle battery powered light to it, alot of work and money to add an alternator for a light.

Search this Thread