Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snow shoveling alternative

12-31-08, 07:55 AM   #1  

Just wanted to pass along what some may (possibly) overlook and that's the use of a larger backpack blower for snow removal. I've been using my Stihl for over 2 years now and find it to be my most used year round tool.

Very light on the back; plenty of 'oomph' and most importantly....it has prevented me from picking up a shovel or rake for quite some time now.

Worth every penny. BR 600 Backpack Blower STIHL USA

(btw, I have no affiliation with Stihl or their dealers and would recommend any brand that works; yet this model seems to have plenty of volume and is light...which seems to be key for most jobs and my back thanks me ).

Last edited by SxS adventure; 12-31-08 at 08:05 AM. Reason: add

Sponsored Links

MI

12-31-08, 08:07 AM   #2  
I got that beat.....................
Told my son-in-law they could use our snowblower if he does our place every time it snows.
Got back from dropping wife at work---nice clean drive & sidewalk..................

MN

12-31-08, 08:43 AM   #3  

A lawn blower can work great if you get the "sissy", light, fluffy snao and you canuse the wind as as assest.

When I lived in northern MI (not UP) we frequently had 2" in the morning and plows are not used because the moving cars blew everything out of the way. There was no way to have a "bare" sidewalk unless the sun did it during clear and cold days.

If you get real snow, there is no substitute for a 2-stage blower.

01-01-09, 05:34 PM   #4  
I'd like to invite you use your blower during one of our typical maritime winters ie.
10 to 15 cm of snow @ a temp of -10 C followed by 50 mm of freezing rain & rain @ a temp of +2 C followed by another 5 cm of snow @ a temp of -5 C.
If you can use your blower in that I'll start praying to you

Search this Thread