Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Starting Problem- Simplicity Lawn Tractor

01-03-09, 07:21 PM   #1  
Starting Problem- Simplicity Lawn Tractor

I have a Simplicity Prestige Lawn tractor that won't start. The lights on the panel light up, but there is no engine turn over, no sound at all. I have ruled out any probably reasons in manual, so there must be another electricl issue causing this. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links

01-03-09, 07:28 PM   #2  
Have you checked your interlocks to see if they work?

01-03-09, 07:33 PM   #3  
Posted By: dwaage I have a Simplicity Prestige Lawn tractor that won't start. The lights on the panel light up, but there is no engine turn over, no sound at all. I have ruled out any probably reasons in manual, so there must be another electricl issue causing this. Any ideas?
Is this machine new to you, have you owned it for a long time? Dash light will illuminate with a bad battery, the real test is cranking over a starter motor. Have you checked the battery and connections?
Tried another battery?

Have you tried bypassing all the electrical goodies and jumping the starter contact to try turning over the starter motor?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-04-09, 12:51 AM   #4  
Make sure the blades aren't engaged and the clutch pedal is fully pressed, then if nothing, check for voltage at the small wire plugged onto a spade terminal on the solenoid.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread