Starting Problem- Simplicity Lawn Tractor

Old 01-03-09, 07:21 PM
Starting Problem- Simplicity Lawn Tractor

I have a Simplicity Prestige Lawn tractor that won't start. The lights on the panel light up, but there is no engine turn over, no sound at all. I have ruled out any probably reasons in manual, so there must be another electricl issue causing this. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-09, 07:28 PM
Have you checked your interlocks to see if they work?

Old 01-03-09, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by dwaage View Post
I have a Simplicity Prestige Lawn tractor that won't start. The lights on the panel light up, but there is no engine turn over, no sound at all. I have ruled out any probably reasons in manual, so there must be another electricl issue causing this. Any ideas?
Is this machine new to you, have you owned it for a long time? Dash light will illuminate with a bad battery, the real test is cranking over a starter motor. Have you checked the battery and connections?
Tried another battery?

Have you tried bypassing all the electrical goodies and jumping the starter contact to try turning over the starter motor?

Old 01-04-09, 12:51 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Make sure the blades aren't engaged and the clutch pedal is fully pressed, then if nothing, check for voltage at the small wire plugged onto a spade terminal on the solenoid.