Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chraftsman 8HP Snow Thrower

MA

01-03-09, 07:44 PM   #1  
Chraftsman 8HP Snow Thrower

Model # 536.881800

Bought 2 years ago, worked great the last two years. This year (well 2008) December big hit with snow 12" Tried to start it, it would only idle on full choke as soon as I tried to move choke open it stalled fast.

Last year as always I put in the gas treatment like you should.

I have let the gas run empty refill with new gas same problem. I removed the spark plug and cleaned it and reset the gap to the recommended .30, same problem.

Sunday Am I will pick up a new plug and some carb cleaner other than that I dont know, any thoughts?

Thanks,

Drew

Sponsored Links

01-03-09, 07:55 PM   #2  
Carb probably needs a cleaning and a possibly a kit. If the machine won't run off choke it isn't getting enough gas to stay running, even with stabalizer gas is only good for 6 months. Start with the carb.

MA

01-03-09, 08:30 PM   #3  
Thanks for the fast reply

thanks for the fast reply cpgixxer. You think its better to remove all fuel for storage? I'll do that at the end of this season.

Any recommendations on a good carb cleaner? What kit?

Thanks again,

Drew

01-04-09, 07:53 AM   #4  
I think draining the fuel from the carb for storage is the best way to do it. As for the carb kit, do you have a model number of the engine, the sears site is garbage for engine parts.

CANADA

01-06-09, 08:00 PM   #5  
Posted By: cpgixxer I think draining the fuel from the carb for storage is the best way to do it. As for the carb kit, do you have a model number of the engine, the sears site is garbage for engine parts.
I agree totally. Flat gas is useless!!!
Drain the fuel system always.

Search this Thread