OK I cant seem to find an answer that works

Old 01-04-09, 02:00 PM
OK I cant seem to find an answer that works

HS50 67175C 9169A Snowflite Snowblower 2stage.
I rebuilt the carb by soaking it and doing the 31840 kit. Float was not ufll with gas, I do get gas out of the high idle screw. Set the screws at 1 and 1.5 turn out from lightly seated. Fire up machine and idle is at like 4000. Try to turn it down with lever but it will either be at 4000 or 0 there is BARELY an "idle" setting. I tried 1/4 trun incraments in and out with the 2 screws seperately to try and get high or low idle but nothing seems to work. If I have the high idle screw almost falling out the machine will still run at about 3500RPM sounds like its going to blow up on me. Can someone help me with where to start.

It has a carb cover but no air filter maybe it should?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-09, 02:15 PM
Snowblower do not use air filters. Sounds like the linkage got put back in the wrong holes.

Old 01-04-09, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
HS50 67175C 9169A Snowflite Snowblower 2stage.
I rebuilt the carb by soaking it and doing the 31840 kit. Float was not ufll with gas, I do get gas out of the high idle screw. Set the screws at 1 and 1.5 turn out from lightly seated. Fire up machine and idle is at like 4000. Try to turn it down with lever but it will either be at 4000 or 0 there is BARELY an "idle" setting. I tried 1/4 trun incraments in and out with the 2 screws seperately to try and get high or low idle but nothing seems to work. If I have the high idle screw almost falling out the machine will still run at about 3500RPM sounds like its going to blow up on me. Can someone help me with where to start.

It has a carb cover but no air filter maybe it should?
Post a pic of the setup, that may help us out

Old 01-04-09, 02:26 PM
Gimme 10 min! THANKS!!!!!

Old 01-04-09, 02:36 PM
Here ya go I have bigger ones but I think these will do.

It is starting MUCH better since rebuild, I have tried a new spring for the throttle return?? Also the machine seems to be SHAKING LIKE CRAZY. I cant turn the screws while it is running cause it is shaking so bad!

Old 01-04-09, 02:48 PM
The spring going to the governor shaft looks like it's in the wrong hole, with the throttle in the off position as it appears from the ground tab, the carb is sitting at half throttle judging by the idle set screw at the top. Move the governor spring to middle hole, the throttle should now be closed and sitting against the idle speed adj screw.

Old 01-08-09, 07:24 PM
OK, I got it to a sort of normalcy!! Thank you so much cpgixxer! Now it will idle mostly normal BUT the high idle will just not come in. The throttle cable is part of it and the governor seems to be holding it back a bit. Also the stupid belts I think are a little loose cause the snow doesnt go so far, I hear the motor "reving up" a little when it hits snow but the snow doesnt go far for long, even if I manually rev the motor up by pulling the throttle.

Any more suggestions? I have a little time tomorrow after 530 and WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS THING going all good.

Old 01-09-09, 07:04 AM
Now that you have the governor behaving itself, not racing, it's time to set the WOT or wide open throttle. This is where you could potentially grenade the motor if not careful, you could do it by ear but they are supposed to have a tach gauge put on them to set the WOT rpm accordingly. In your third pic, look behind the gas line, there is a screw. This screw will increase your rpm at WOT, turn the screw clockwise to increase, turn it counter to decrease. This should do it for you.