Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

crankshaft bearing

01-06-09, 08:04 PM   #1  
crankshaft bearing

hi there here is my problem i have a toro 8/24 and i was being cheap tried to match up a auger belt which was i bet to small so i finially went and got a proper one now when the auger is engadged is smell like rubber burning and gets real hot i think i did my crank shaft bearings in is there a way of changing them with out taking the motor a part or is there somthing else that could be wrong sorry about the spelling some help would be great thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

01-06-09, 10:13 PM   #2  
I doubt there is any problem with the crankshaft bearing. I think you'll find that your new belt is burning. Check for proper routing, belt rubbing, seized pulleys, etc...

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NH

01-07-09, 06:31 AM   #3  
make sure you did not put the belt over the brake. I have seen so many snowblower come in my shop where the owner replaced his belt and not knowing there is a brake, just installed the belt in the bottom half of the pulley and pulled it up to the upper pulley. With the brake being on the side of the pulley, the belt went over the brake instead of under the brake.

Last edited by indypower; 01-07-09 at 06:32 AM. Reason: spelling

01-08-09, 05:19 AM   #4  
Posted By: cheese I doubt there is any problem with the crankshaft bearing. I think you'll find that your new belt is burning. Check for proper routing, belt rubbing, seized pulleys, etc...
i wll check all replys and post back what i find thanks for the help

Search this Thread