John Deere 310d Backhoe

Old 01-08-09, 02:59 PM
John Deere 310d Backhoe

John Deere 310D hydraulic pump appears to be not working. There is plenty of oil in the tank and I don't see any obvious leaks. Someone told me it might be the key on the hydraulic pump but I don't know where the pump is located. Could you please tell me where to look for the pump and/or any other suggestions you may have. Nothing powered by hydraulics is working.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-09, 03:07 PM
nap
well, I know nothing specifically about a JD 310D but to find the hyd pump, follow the hoses from the control valve. One side will go to the device operated and the other, eventually, will go to the pump.

Old 01-08-09, 05:00 PM
The pump should be on the front end, behind the radiator.
Check all the filters first. Make sure it is full of fluid. The shaft that drives the pump on a john deer have been known to break or shear keys. Did it just stop working or has it been slowing down over time?

Travis

Old 01-09-09, 06:25 PM
Thanks for your help. I have got the pump off now. The splines on the shaft and on the pump have stripped. The pump is a Sauer Sundstrand but I can't find the model/part number. The unit has several numbers on it but none appear to be a model/part number. Several questions: 1. Do you know how to find the model/part number? 2. Don't know what caused the splines to shear...any ideas? (could a clogged filter have caused it? 3. Do you know a supplier who would have a new shaft and sleeve?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Wade

Old 01-09-09, 09:11 PM
We had to get all our parts from jd. You can try a used one, but that is kinda like buying a flat to keep as a spare.
Ours started breaking parts, for no reason that we could find, other than old age.

Some things you can look for as a cause is;

Dirty fluid, old age, bad filters, or an even bigger pump killer is water in the system.

Travis