honda hs 1132 snowblower pulls to one side

Old 01-09-09, 10:00 PM
honda hs 1132 snowblower pulls to one side

Hi, new here to the forum and looking for help with a pretty frustrating problem with my honda hs 1132 snowlower.

The machine pulls hard to the right when the bucket is in the mid or low position. I've adjusted the shoes and scraper to manual specs while on a flat surface - they're perfectly level and the machine still pulls.

I tried adjusting the shoes and scraper to counter the pull but no matter what I do the machine continues to pull.

The track's tension is correct and even. This is a big problem since i clean a long driveway and have to work pretty hard to keep the machine straight. I did contact my honda dealer/service dept. and they could use a good mechanic. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-09, 06:59 AM
Your problem is in the hydro transmission. I have no experience with these trannys so I can not help you there. Sorry.

Old 01-11-09, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by indypower View Post
Your problem is in the hydro transmission. I have no experience with these trannys so I can not help you there. Sorry.
the tracks aren't powered independently.
Anybody out there familiar with the hs1132?

Old 01-11-09, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by dfvellone View Post
the tracks aren't powered independently.
Anybody out there familiar with the hs1132?
I think what Indy is trying to say is that it is more than likely something in the hydrostatic transmission, that's what makes a honda snowblower unique and worth $3500, i think it's trip to the dealer for you my friend.

Old 01-12-09, 07:27 AM
Another thing I would check is the axle bushings. If they are worn(or 1 worn more than the other), this would allow the axle to move. If 1 side of the axle is forward or back more than the other, it will pull to 1 side.

Old 10-26-09, 12:30 PM
honda hs1132 pulling to one side

I had the exact same problem. I have found that the stock skid shoes are crap as they are mounted on the rear of the blower housing. Every other manufacturer has put their shoes on the side of the housing. The stock shoes cause portions of the scraper blade to hit the ground causing the housing to drag and pull. Putting the shoes behind the housing does not allow them to do their job. Honda, without admitting that there is a problem, sells a set of heavy duty shoes that you mount on the side of the deck in place of the shoes in the back. I bought them from planopower.com. These shoes reduced the amount of deck drag. It is not perfect but it is much much better. Let me know if you have had any luck fixing this problem. It is not in the transmission. There were some aftermarket shoes on ebay that were even bigger that may help more but I am mostly happy with the side honda shoes.

Old 11-15-10, 02:37 PM
New Gadget... The Roller-Skid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCIVla4p2_o you should take a look at these guys... Roller-Skids!!!http://www.roller-skid.com[/URL][/IMG]

Old 11-15-10, 03:26 PM
Pulling Honda

Did anyone observe your machine front as it's blowing? It could be that the auger one side had sheared the shear bolt [if honda indeed has them]. I have had a sears[ariens] blower for 44 years, and it had steel roller skids approx 4"dia. X1/8 thickness. The worked great on sidewalks and driveways [concrete]. but I now have a crushed concrete drive and I had to build 1" wide skids and run the machine about an inch or so above the ground so I dont throw rocks at my neighbors. the machine still runs great.
Sid

Search this Thread