Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy-Bilt Snow Blower not starting

01-10-09, 09:07 AM   #1  
Troy-Bilt Snow Blower not starting

I have a Troy Bilt Snowblower, model 42050 - 7.5 hp, 24" Auger, runs on regular gas. It was working fine, then it would only run on full choke, then it would not start. I have changed the gas, the spark plug. If I press the engine primer bulb a few times it will start for a few seconds. In those seconds, if I press the primer bulb again, it will keep running as long as I keep pressing it (I only did this once to see if it would work). I am seeing similar posts and it sounds like I have to clean the carb. Is this something I could do? Is that definately the issue? I bought this from a family member and only have the owner's manual, I do not have the engine manual.

Sponsored Links

NH

01-10-09, 12:23 PM   #2  
Yes the carb needs to be cleaned. You need to take off the carb, tear it down, soak all parts in a carb cleaning solution, blow out ALL holes in the carb & jet with compressed air, then install new parts from a kit. Having to prime it to keep it running means the carb is clogged up.

Search this Thread