What's a good 12 volt portable power pack for jumpstarting, air compressor, etc.

Old 01-11-09, 08:47 AM
What's a good 12 volt portable power pack for jumpstarting, air compressor, etc.

I am looking for a good quality, powerful 12-volt portable power pack that I can use for jumpstarting dead car, dirtbike, atv batteries. I also want it to have a built in air compressor for inflating flat tires, etc.

I was looking online and found a couple different models but didn't know if there are better ones out there..

Black and Decker Electromate 400
Portable Power Station from Black and Decker

Duracell Powerpack 450
Duracell Powerpack 450 | Portable Generator | Duracell

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-09, 12:57 PM
unfortunatly neither of these will jump a really dead battery, couldn't find the cca on the B&D, the Duracell listed only 170CCA, that is not much most starters will pull atleast that per min to start, and you usually won't get that through the cables. so you would need to hook it up for 5 to 10 minutes before attempting to start the vehicle. otherwise either one should do what you want, just don't plan on using the air compressor for large tires/ 16" load range e or larger. the low profile tires don't have the high volume that will kill it.

the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.