Honda HS35 Choke Problem

Old 01-11-09, 11:54 AM
Honda HS35 Choke Problem

I just got an HS35 and it runs great. I have an other post looking for the service manual but, until I can get one have an issue with the Choke. When it runs the Chike knob vibrates closed and open. I'm currently using something to wedge it so It does not vibrate. Does anyone know if there is a grommet or if this is an issue with the carb?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-09, 05:40 PM
funny choke

Hi There!
as I recall this is a fussy little linkage it over centers or something like that, the link between the knob and the carb is almost symetrical but not and if installed backwards will create problems. I recall that from the first one i worked on the knob os loose on the housing and depends on either the linkage or a detent in the carb for holding it either on or off, at least thats my foggy recollection, hope this helps.
McMuck

Old 01-15-09, 07:01 PM
Thanks McMuck that is correct about the linkage. I do not know if it is installed wrong thats how it was when I got last week. I was actully able the sort of fix this is issue I was having. I purchase a rubber grommet for a PCV valve for a Chysler. It is package by HELP. The center hole was the perfect size for the knob and the OD of the grommet was the purfect size to fit in the plastic control panel. It was if it was made for this application. I installed the grommet in the the plastic control panel then I placed a small drop of oil on the knob just to make it easy to slide-in, and replace the screw. The knob now turns with a little resistance and does not vibrate anymore. Perfect. The part was only $2.50 Part is "Help 42064 Pcv Valv Gromet Chry65-84"