HOnda GX 190 low power output

Old 01-13-09, 07:56 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
HOnda GX 190 low power output

My snow blower motor is reving really high on cold start up then after the motor as warmed up the RPM is getting at about 2500 but is really weak, not dying but as trouble doing the job, i'd suspect something in the carburator but i'd like advices

Old 01-14-09, 08:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Sounds like carb cleaning is in order, at minimum. Drop the bowl and have a look to see what condition the inside of the carb is in.

Old 01-14-09, 09:30 PM
E
High rev on cold start tells me that it's getting the proper rich mixture when cold but it might be staying rich when warmed up. If you seen black smoke coming from the exhaust then the engine is running to rich and there will be a loss of power make sure the choke is off, if there is a choke no that engine.

Old 01-15-09, 04:53 AM
H
Originally Posted by Engine Dr
High rev on cold start tells me that it's getting the proper rich mixture when cold but it might be staying rich when warmed up. If you seen black smoke coming from the exhaust then the engine is running to rich and there will be a loss of power make sure the choke is off, if there is a choke no that engine.

thanks for replying
the motor as a choke, i'm using it during the warmed up time, at this point everything seem normal, the problem is showing when I remove the choke, the revs are going really hign, then when i lower the throttle, the rpm are way to low, so I put back the trhottle to maximum, but the rpms are not increasing enough and the motor is weak

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: