craftsmen LT 1000

Old 01-21-09, 02:58 AM
craftsmen LT 1000

I have gas getting in my engine oil what do i do? I have a craftsmen LT 1000

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-09, 05:43 AM
Most likely reason is a carburetor that is flooding fuel through it. May just need a cleaning, but may need at least a new float needle or possibly a float.

If you can post either the model number of the mower, or brand and model / spec numbers from the engine, it would be most helpful.

Best of Luck...

Old 01-21-09, 05:45 AM
Most likely the carburetor inlet needle is not seating. The carburetor is in need of cleaning and possibly installation of a carburetor kit. In addition, fuel lines and fuel filter may need to be replaced.

Post engine model number, etc. if you desire further help.

Old 01-21-09, 11:47 PM
Cool Gas getting into oil!

Hello i am small engine repair teacher for the blind, and the reason you are getting fuel in your oil is because your carbuetor needs to be rebuilt or cleaned very good because your needle valve is not closing and the fuel has nowhere to go so it starts filling your oil with fuel through your crankcase breather tube. Remove your carburetor and then remove the carb bowl, carb float and needle valve and clean it out with carb cleaner that u can buy at a auto parts store.
Option two is that you may have a electronic fuel solinoid that is not shutting off allowing fuel to enter the crankcase breather and putting fuel in your oil u can check the solinoid by draining all your fuel then unplug the fuel solinoid, remove the fuel solinoid (some left over gas may run out of the bowl make sure you clean it up before doing the test) then plug the fuel solinoid back in while it is out of the carb and turn ur ignition key on and off and watch to see if the soilinoid needle opens and closes, if the needle does not open and close then that means that your solinoid is bad and will need to be replaced and it should solve your problem. The fuel solinoid is the device that screws in on the bottom of your carb bowl and has a plug with two wires in it commonly colored black and grey. Solinoids go bad because water/moisture gets in your carb bowl and fills the solinoid and rust them out internally. Good luck to you!
Make sure you change your oil before running your engine or else you will fry your piston rings and even blow your engine. Common oil used in lawn equipment is sae 30 or 10w-30

let me know if this helped you!

Old 01-22-09, 04:24 AM
Originally Posted by rickyrick77 View Post
Option two is that you may have a electronic fuel solinoid that is not shutting off allowing fuel to enter the crankcase breather and putting fuel in your oil u can check the solinoid by draining all your fuel then unplug the fuel solinoid, remove the fuel solinoid (some left over gas may run out of the bowl make sure you clean it up before doing the test) then plug the fuel solinoid back in while it is out of the carb and turn ur ignition key on and off and watch to see if the soilinoid needle opens and closes, if the needle does not open and close then that means that your solinoid is bad and will need to be replaced and it should solve your problem.

let me know if this helped you!
The fuel solenoid will not prevent a flooding carburetor from leaking fuel into the crankcase, whether the solenoid works or not, it's not the issue in this case. These are anti fire solenoids, and their only purpose is to reduce the occurrence of after fire (Bang) in the muffler when the engine is shut off.

Numbers off your equipment can help us provide you with more detailed information on your particular unit, as you may not even have an after fire solenoid on your engine.