Excell ZR 3700 leaking water after repairing

Old 01-21-09, 09:58 AM
Excell ZR 3700 leaking water after repairing

I have a Excell ZR-3700 pressure washer (13-hp. Honda Pump# AR RKV4G37 Annovi Revberi 4-gpm,3700 psi.)When I got this pump I was told it was low pressure and water gets into pump.I talked with a few people that told me it was the water seals(I have replaced the water seals,O-rings behind ceramic pistons,no scratches,pits,groves in pistons..also replaced o-rings in unloader and where bolts connect water inlet & outlet. Now I connected water to inlet side and there is water coming out of the brass plug with the plastic button(I have not cranked the engine!!!) also there is water coming out the high pressure side ..no hose was connected.I know that water should not be coming out from the brass plug ,I believe this is a safety valve that if water gets too hot it ruptures this, am i right,can I plug this ONLY TEMPORARY to see if my unit is going to work...Also can I use a "non detergent oil" in the crankcase (pump) to see if this unit is going to work then put the right oil in later....Thanks Jerry

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-09, 08:54 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You should be ok to use the non detergent oil temporarily so long as it is the correct weight oil.

Do n't plug the ruptured safety valve. If it blows the plug out, it could cause injury. Think of 3700 psi behind your plug and what that could do. Replace it and give it a go. If the pump checks out like you said it does, it shouldn't be a waste of money to buy parts for it.

It is normal for the water to come out the high pressure port when the hose and wand are not attached.