Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Simplicity Snowbuster 220

MO

01-23-09, 06:50 AM   #1  
Simplicity Snowbuster 220

I have a Simplicity Snowblower that is about 20 years old. There have never been any problems with it in the past. This year I could only get it to run on choke. So I bought a carb kit for it and now it will run fine with the choke off, but it now is kicking gas out of the exhaust and making a black mess on the concrete. It is a Tecumseh AV520. Tecumseh is now out of business and hard to find parts for it. I also had to put high temp gasket maker for the exhaust manifold gasket as it was breached. Could the gas problem be in the carb (missed something on rebuild) ?? Thanks, Mike

Sponsored Links

IA

01-23-09, 06:56 AM   #2  
Could be - recheck your float setting. With light pressure up on the float, against the float valve, the float should be parallel to the bottom of the carb base.

MO

01-23-09, 07:20 AM   #3  
It's not the float bowl type, it the diaphram type. So maybe that is sticking.

MO

01-23-09, 08:31 AM   #4  
Thanks M. for the quick response. I think I figured out my problem. It is the float needle. Techumseh put two different diaphragm carbs on this model. Depending on which one you have depends on how it goes together. I had a 50/50 chance at getting it right. Obviously, I chose the wrong one. Thanks again for the fast response. Extremely happy I found this site!!!

Search this Thread