honda es6500 stator removal proceedure

Old 01-25-09, 09:58 AM
honda es6500 stator removal proceedure

"hi bought a es6500 honda generator has a 13hp honda liquid cooled engine and has engine knock which i no what the problem with that is. the issue im having is how do i get the generator disconnected from engine have looked for manuals... all back ordered for this unit!!
i saw a history post on here about removing the bolt from the end of the stator... wich bolt are we talking the bolt in the middle that goes thru what i would calll a end bearing?
if anyone would have a repair manual in a pdf form that they could e-mail me would be great or if you no of where i could get a free repair manual on-line?"
thanks, bob

Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-09, 11:36 AM
Just bringing this topic to the top. I'd love to download and pay for a pdf manual for this genie. The hard copies are on back order

Thanks.

Old 10-13-09, 03:45 PM
starter removal

a) first - i keep seeing reports that your honda dealer can download and burn the manual to a cd and price fm honda is $20

but, in case you haven' thought it out, manual in hand is much nicer when working on the engine - i'd rather get grease on the manual than on my laptop

b) my honda 3813 lawn tractor has the exact same engine as the ES6500 and the EV4010/6010 generators - to remove starter, you have to pull the flywheel - the two bolts holding the starter on are under the flywheel

here's a link to a thread i posted when i pulled my flywheel with pix - you'll need to either buy the two special tools honda sells for flywheel removal or make one tool like i did

honda 3813 flywheel removal - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum & Discussion Board and Best Place for Tractor Information on the web!!!

there's another thread on that same forum on rebuilding your starter and one for rebuilding the solenoid (i had one that was bad and was curious what exactly had failed)