Craftsman Snow Thrower wont propel

Old 01-28-09, 02:32 PM
Craftsman Snow Thrower wont propel

Was out doing my driveway a little bit ago, I have a Craftsman 9 HP Dual Stage Model 536.887996.

Got half way through my yard and the drive just stopped. The wheels wont spin. I did lift the rear end off the ground and the wheels spina little, im talking barely at all...any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-09, 04:45 PM
Time for a new belt and/or drive disc.

Old 01-28-09, 04:58 PM
I second friction disk, if the belt broke they wouldn't turn, the belt could be slipping. Pull the back cover off and check the disk for wear. Pull the belt cover off and check the belt.

Old 01-28-09, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by cpgixxer View Post
I second friction disk, if the belt broke they wouldn't turn, the belt could be slipping. Pull the back cover off and check the disk for wear. Pull the belt cover off and check the belt.
Thanks buddy for clearing that up. I should have been more clear. I was thinking the belt is worn out and slipping, not broken. My bad.

Old 01-29-09, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by indypower View Post
Thanks buddy for clearing that up. I should have been more clear. I was thinking the belt is worn out and slipping, not broken. My bad.
Ah, you've caught my bad's too, sometimes I read so much of these that I start to cross post