Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Snowblower 536-886122

01-29-09, 05:44 PM   #1  
Craftsman Snowblower 536-886122

I got this equipment from my father-in-laws estate without the manual. I can prime the engine and it starts right away, but it will not continue running unless I continue to feed it fuel by pressing the primer bulb. My completely uneducated guess is that perhaps the fuel line, fuel filter or carburetor have become fouled. Does anyone have information regarding how I disassemble this beast to check this out?

Sponsored Links

01-29-09, 06:05 PM   #2  
Snow blowers don't usually have inline filters, usually in the tank. It is however getting gas, it runs while priming so it is getting gas to start. If I were to guess the carb needs a thorough cleaning.

MO

01-29-09, 06:42 PM   #3  
Let's see if you can get lucky;
Clamp off the fuel line, there is an adjustment needle in the bottom of your carb bowl, screw it in to seat lightly noting the number of turns and partial turns, now remove it, remove the bowl(careful with the bowl gasket), release the clamp to see if you have good fuel flow to the carb, raise the float to see that it shuts off the flow with minimal pressure now clean the junk from the bowl and the bowl nut, the bowl nut may have 2, 3, 4 holes some very tiny, i use the wire from a twist tie on the tiny one(usually about half way up the bolt), spray all holes, cracks and crevases with brake parts cleaner and reassemble, remember to reset the bowl screw to its original setting and you should be good to go. If I missed something one of the pros will correct me. Post back as to your results. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread