Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

How Do I Replace My Auger Belt

02-03-09, 07:42 AM   #1  
How Do I Replace My Auger Belt

I have a Craftsman Model #: 536909800. The auger belt has snapped and i need to repalce. Does anyone know where I can find a replacemen belt, what the part number is, and/or how do i go about replacing the belt. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

02-03-09, 03:27 PM   #2  
Craftsman belt

You can go to Sears.com. At the top of the page, one of the listed links is "Parts Direct". From the main parts page you can just fill in your model# and it brings up various diagrams with respective part#'s.

If you'd like to find it locally at a repair shop near you, now you have the part # needed. Hope this helps!

02-06-09, 04:36 PM   #3  
belt replace

you need to take the model # to your local sears parts place they are very helpfull as long as you have the model# you can get the belt cheaper at the local small engine place but they may not stock it sears usually will have it in stock from my xp. to change the belt you will need to seperate the two halves of the machine ie. auger/impeller from engine/wheels/handles most models have 3 1/2 inch nuts on each side but there are many variations when you get these two sections apart the rest should be easy to figger out. You may want to look into this before you go to sears so you can check the drive belt as well which is behind auger belt good luck bb

02-08-09, 04:18 PM   #4  
Relacing Auger Belt

My owners manual showed how to change the auger belt and listed the part number you need.

Many snowblowers made by MTD.

Dan

Search this Thread