Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

snowblower problems

02-03-09, 02:12 PM   #1  
snowblower problems

I have a 10 year old Craftsman snowblower. I can start it easily but when I go to a higher throttle setting it will act like it is going to stall but suddenly come back to life. It will repeat this every 5 seconds. I can see the trottle assy and linkage moving back when it begins to lose power and comes back the opposit way when power is restored. If I move the throttle control lower this problem goes away.

Sponsored Links

NH

02-03-09, 02:37 PM   #2  
Carb needs cleaning. High speed jet is clogged. Very common problem on snowblowers as they are stored for about 8 months/year.

02-03-09, 03:04 PM   #3  
Trying to replace Snapper Snowblower blower belt

I need to know how to access the bottom section of the belt.
I have taken off the top, but need to remove the "bottom cover" to get to the "Set collar to loosen it, in order to slide the axle shaft to the right.

Non-US

02-03-09, 03:49 PM   #4  
Bob, you're best to start a new post & tell the pros what belt you are changing & give then the model & serial #s from your machine.. I cant think of any belts that require you to move the axle, & most bottom covers are held on with 4 or 6 bolts. You may have to split the machine, but I've never seen any too hard to do. Let us know what you have... Roger

NH

02-03-09, 04:29 PM   #5  
Posted By: Bob Barrett I need to know how to access the bottom section of the belt.
I have taken off the top, but need to remove the "bottom cover" to get to the "Set collar to loosen it, in order to slide the axle shaft to the right.
You do NOT need to loosen any coller to replace a belt. As Hopkinsr2 stated, you need to split the machine. Remove the top 2 bolts and the next 2 down if you have 6 bolts and only loosen the bottom 2 bolts. You will need to support the handle bars in some way so they don't fall to the floor. Now you can accsess the lower pulley. You may want to drain the gas tank first. This is the BASIC way to change the belt. No need to move the axle at all as . Best I can do without any model number. Look thru your owners manual. That should tell you how to change the belts.

Search this Thread