Snowblower problem

Old 02-04-09, 03:03 PM
Snowblower problem

Hey!? This old machine: 8 hP 23" two stage Classic (who made it? Sears??) with elec. start worked great for some time. I replaced a long belt and the friction wheel as 1st drive position went and 2nd was starting to slip. It has four forwards postions, a neutral and two reverse on the drive selector.

It drives fine but is too fast in all positons and the auger (intake screw on front) rotates fine but the discharge chute plugs up with even dry, fine snow after a few moments. All shear pins ok.

I had to disengage the power unit from the snow blower assembly to facilitate changing the belt. I must have done something inproperly. Eh!?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-09, 05:32 PM
I moved your post to a thread of its on. Tagging on to another post causes confusion.

Look your machine over for model numbers, etc. and post what you find. We have some very knowledgeable snow blower mechanics here that may be able to help.

Old 02-04-09, 09:21 PM
Moves too fast? blower turning so fast the snow can't escape? I could be wrong but it sounds like your engine might be over revving. Too much gas maybe? Make sure the choke is fully open and you might have to adjust the high speed jet on the carb or adjust the governor setting.

Old 02-05-09, 01:29 PM
Please post the model number so we know what we are working with. With the info given, we have no idea as to what brand it is. This makes a HUGE difference.