Wizard rear Tine Tiller drive

Old 02-07-09, 12:18 PM
Cool Wizard rear Tine Tiller drive

I have a Wizard 5hp, rear tine tiller. (Mod# AYP3455A69) It runs perfectly but while using it last year the drive for the wheels quit working. I can't get it into any gear, but it does roll right now. Is this easy to repair by myself with no real headaches, or should I just take it in for repair, or take it in the woods & shoot it?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-09, 01:29 PM
Opening and repairing parts in the transmission on these tillers is a bear, very time consuming. If you have a shop repair it, it will be costly. Just look at what has to be removed to get to the transmission, everything.

The problem will likely be in the shift fork, shaft or bracket. You will have to inspect closely to determine where the problem is.

Before you proceed inspect the left and right gear case cover for gear bearing failure. Bearing failure is not uncommon on this style transmission and when they fail they damage the gear case. If the gear case is damaged you are better off with a new tiller. If you look at the parts list at the link below the bearings are numbers 4, 8, 27 and 31, on the transmission breakdown.

Go to this site and when you get in parts select models and Electrolux Home Products. Select transmission and you can see what you are getting into.
http://www.milacalawn.com/parts.asp