Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kohler fuel pump

02-08-09, 12:44 PM   #1  
Kohler fuel pump

I bought a 10yo Craftsman 42 917.271012 w kohler 15.5 cv15s 41464

I noticed a oil drool coming from the fuel pump. I checked the parts diagram and found on evidence of a fuel pump spacer on the motor.

I ordered the o ring, spacer and gasket.

My fuel pump 12 393 05 h7 has no grove for the o ring
just flat plastic and it looks like it only had a gasket between the motor and fuel pump.

The fuel pump arm has 2 wear marks on the arm. 1 in the factory dip or notch and the second closer to the pump body.

The question is do I get a second gasket and install the spacer plate w/o o ring.

Or get a fuel pump?

thanks
Marvis

Sponsored Links

02-08-09, 03:43 PM   #2  
oops Kohler fuel pump

12 393 02 h7

I noticed a oil drool coming from the fuel pump. I checked the parts diagram and found on evidence of a fuel pump spacer on the motor.

My fuel pump 12 393 02 h7 has no grove for the o ring
just flat plastic and it looks like it only had a gasket between the motor and fuel pump.

The fuel pump arm has 2 wear marks on the arm. 1 in the factory dip or notch and the second closer to the pump body.

The question is do I get a second gasket and install the spacer plate w/o o ring.

Or get a fuel pump?

thanks
Marvis

02-08-09, 04:43 PM   #3  
ooops

cv15s 41564

My fuel pump 12 393 05 h7 has no grove for the o ring

Or get a fuel pump?

thanks
Marvis

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-08-09, 05:13 PM   #4  
Sounds like someone has done something to this....

2 wear marks makes me think someone robbed this pump off a different engine and put it on this one. I think if you want it to be right, install the correct pump as shown in the diagram. It might work if you used the existing one with new gaskets, but without knowing what engine the pump came from... who knows....

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

02-08-09, 08:05 PM   #5  
kohler fuel pump

I was afraid you would say that.

2 wear marks and no grove for o ring, this fuel pump had to come from a different motor.

I found reference to 12 393 03 ( one of the pumps that interchange) but not 12 393 02 h7?

The point is fix it right and i may never have to touch it again.

That is why i pull the shrouds and cleaned the grass and gunk out of the cooling fins. Drilling and tapping shroud bolt holes. Epoxy and rivnut the top cover bolt holes that had been drilled and drilled.

Its not a new mower but it works well and getting better!

Marvis

Search this Thread