Colman Generater Float fluding

Old 02-11-09, 07:40 PM
Colman Generater Float fluding

I have a colman generater model PC0401850 serial 8983208C
It would start but not run for more than 1 minute I took the carb apart and found black specs in the bowl cleaned it when I replaced it on the enguine it floods with gas coming out of all the 4 openings in the carb
It is a fixed jet carb there are three sets of numbers stamped on it 9202 2902 214106
I tried to locate Colman generaters on the net but was unsucsesful

Any info on the type of carb kit or make of engine would be appericated

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-09, 05:18 AM
The engine will have the model number and other numbers somewhere on the engine. You will need to know the engine manufacturer name, model, etc. if you need parts. If you need further assistance post the engine make and model.

The trash in the carburetor is possibly from the fuel line breaking down. I suggest you install new fuel line and replace the fuel filter or install a filter if not equipped. Clean the carburetor again and see if it stops leaking.

Check engine oil to see if gasoline has gotten in the oil. If it has, change the oil.

Old 02-12-09, 06:32 AM
I took the casing of and it is a brigs & straton engine
Family:YBSXS.1481HE 275074
This was on the B&S plate saying important information
I hope this is what you are asking for

thanks for your help

Last edited by Petrie; 02-12-09 at 06:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to thank for help
Old 02-12-09, 06:38 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You'll need to post the engine model, type, and code. If this is an OHV engine, the numbers are probably stamped on the valve cover.

Sounds to me like the carb isn't assembled correctly, or there is something hanging the needle valve open.

Old 02-13-09, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by cheese View Post
You'll need to post the engine model, type, and code. If this is an OHV engine, the numbers are probably stamped on the valve cover.

Sounds to me like the carb isn't assembled correctly, or there is something hanging the needle valve open.
Hi Cheese
I gesse I am out of luck on the model type & code as you were working on the same problum on 05-17-06 with James Sanders and in that thread it dosent seem as though it was solved the family numbers ybsxs.1481hh 274459 this came up while i was serching the web
I checked the generator and engine again today still cant see anything else on it

Time for a Beer 4U2 (LOL)

Thanks for all your time appericated

Last edited by Petrie; 02-13-09 at 05:59 PM. Reason: bunch of words with out spaces
Old 02-14-09, 06:47 AM
Old 02-20-09, 04:33 AM
Originally Posted by Airman View Post
I took the carb to the part store and with your info as to the 3.5 Hp. motor they supplied me with a carb. kit installed new seat and needle valve installed carb. started on secoud pull

Thanks Airman for your help and the great referance sites they are now in my favortes Beer 4U2