Sears LT-3000 #917.276813

Old 02-20-09, 06:15 AM
Angry Sears LT-3000 #917.276813

I am tired of the junk parts that you get at Sears. Wish that I had spent the extra money and just bought a John Deer, but I didn't and now I just want to make this Lawn Tractor work!

My question is: Where do you recommend to shop for accessories (rear bagger, wheel weights, spindle assemblies...ect)?

There must be someone out there manufacturing after market parts/supplies, I just can't find one in particular.

Thanks all!

Greg
Newcastle, Maine

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-09, 07:21 AM
I can tell you that your tractor was build by American Yard Products (AYP), another mass merchandizer like MTD and others. Most of the attachments will be the same as a Poulan or Husqvarna. There is not much for heavier duty parts for these units. What you see is what you get. The John Deere units like in Home Depot and others in the 100 series now are being built by Briggs old Murray division. That is why they are all Briggs engines also. A good Deere is up in the 300 series or higher area. I see then all here in the shop.

Old 02-20-09, 08:55 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hmm...most small engine shops should be able to get whatever parts you need for your AYP mower. Sears mowers are usually good machines for the money. Most times I see one that has had lots of problems, it is due to abuse and misuse. (got a customer who used his little lt1000 to mow 3 acres AND drag telephone poles. After the transmission stripped out about 7 years after he bought it, he then talked about how craftsman stuff is junk). Not saying you abuse yours, just that they generally hold up as well or better than most in their class.

Deere is still built by Deere to my knowledge.

Last edited by cheese; 02-20-09 at 09:17 PM.