Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda Quadra Cut Harmony II HRR216 - won't start

03-01-09, 11:37 AM   #1  
Honda Quadra Cut Harmony II HRR216 - won't start

I have a Honda Quadra Cut Harmony II HRR216 push mower, self propelled. I used this mower about 2 weeks ago and it operated flawlessly. I pulled it out today and it just won't start. I have replaced the spark plug, air filter, made sure it has gas, checked choke cable, blade engagement cable, etc. I put a new spark plug in, pulled the pull cord a few times, then checked the plug again and it had gas on it, so I'm pretty sure it's getting gas.

My guess is that it's not getting a spark, but I'm not sure how to proceed?

Thanks

17flusher

Sponsored Links

Non-US

03-01-09, 12:29 PM   #2  
Ground the plug to a metal (not plastic) part of the engine. You may need an assistant to pull the rope for you. Did you turn the mower on it's sidefor any reason?? Roger

VA

03-01-09, 12:43 PM   #3  
Have to ask..are you pulling the blade clutch handle when starting?

NH

03-01-09, 01:19 PM   #4  
Does it pull over as easy as it did when it was new? You may have sheared the flywheel key resulting in timing is off and in many instances that will cause a no start. Doesn't take much to shear a flywheel key. Just run over a good size stick, root, or rock and the flywheel key shears..

03-02-09, 05:38 AM   #5  
Thanks for the replies.... Here are some answers

hopkinsr2 - thanks for the tip, I'll do the test and post results

i6pwr - yep, the blade clutch is pulled when trying to start

indypower - I would say that it pulls as easy today as it did the day it was new. I have a small yard (1100 sf) and no trees (that's the desert for you) so I don't often hit anything with the mower.

Search this Thread