Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

sears 881651 snow thrower drive wheel

03-01-09, 03:24 PM   #1  
sears 881651 snow thrower drive wheel

I inherited a craftsman 881651 snow thrower. All works well except only one wheel (right side wheel looking from the back) drives when the gear is engaged. That wheel has a pin (Cotter-like) thru the axle but the left wheel doesn't. Hard to handle/turn the thrower when operating. Anyone know what I can do to get traction in both wheels?

Sponsored Links

Non-US

03-01-09, 03:34 PM   #2  
Is there a hole in the rim @ the axle?? It may just be missing the pin & the rim held to the axle with a snap ring to make it easier to move around the garage. Look close. You may need to turn the blower in a circle to get the hole in the axle to line up with the hole in the rim.. Roger

NH

03-01-09, 05:49 PM   #3  
I tried to look up the model number on the Sears site. You are missing some numbers. Sears model numbers look like XXX.XXXXXX.
Like Hopkinsr stated, there should be a hole in the wheel hub and 1 in the axle. There should be a bolt or pin thru the hole in the axle to keep the wheel from falling off. If you look closely at the wheel hub, you should see a hole in the hub. The wheel needs to be slid out on the axle so you can line up the holes and put the pin thru the wheel hub and the axle.

Search this Thread