Ryobi RY08574 starting problems!

Old 03-05-09, 02:53 PM
Ryobi RY08574 starting problems!

Hello i am here again with my backpack blower that i havent been able to start this year.. I changed the gaskets in the carb that were pretty bad, i get a nice spark from the plug, but nothing it wouldnt start until i added some oil into the plug hole and remove the muffler. It finally started for a ten minutes finally. I checked the chamber to see if it is scored but it is nice and shiny and the compression is very good. Could anyone tell me if I am moving the right way because I am very interested in fixing this machine for my own learning experience. Thanks to all for listening and I do appreciate any help..

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-09, 04:03 PM
If you installed the complete diaghragm carb kit, Verify all your fuel lines are O.K. inside & out of the tank & replace the fuel filter just in case. Also make sure the crankcase is well sealed. Check the crankshaft seals, the 2 parts of the crankcase & the gasket & bolts that hold the cylinder to the crankcase. If any of these leak, You will have trouble starting it.. Roger

Old 03-05-09, 04:21 PM
Ryobi leaf blower..

Thanks for replying! I will check the fuel filter tonight but i noticed that the motor shakes alot and i can move the motor a little off of the plastic but the crankcase is not loose..Thanks again

Search this Thread