Honda EM2500 Generator only produces 30vac

Old 03-12-09, 06:07 AM
Honda EM2500 Generator only produces 30vac

I have a honda generator EM2500. Will not make more then 30VAC. I went through it months ago and thought it to be the AVR but it was mothballed until now. I swapped the AVR with a known good one but still only producing 30VAC. I have a honda generator repair manual on CD but it will not open with windows Vista..."sigh" thanks again micromanagesoft...anyways anyone have any inputs.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-09, 04:48 PM
honda generator

does the engine bog down when you plug something in or when you turn accessories on?

Old 03-12-09, 08:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Is it running at the correct rpm?

Old 03-17-09, 07:56 AM
Yes its the correct RPM besides, RPM would have the most effect of frequecy as opposed to voltage. And no, it does not bog down when i plug something into it as aside from the multimeter nothing else would even turn on or attempt to. If i remember correctly the field voltage on startup should be around 30VAC. Problem is its not building up to the prescribed 120VAC, hence why i assumed the AVR. But without fully knowing how the AVR senses its voltages and compensates aside from alot of trial and error im at a loss. Anyone have Honda generator repair manuals?