Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

A Ditch Witch?

03-12-09, 04:43 PM   #1  
A Ditch Witch?

I am putting in a new sprinkler system in my yard and I was wondering if anyone had any input or what type of trencher would be the best? I am leaning more towards a Ditch Witch but does anyone have any other suggestions of something that would be better?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

IA

03-12-09, 04:45 PM   #2  
Ditch Witch is as good as any and better than most. They have spent about all their life in the dirt.

Non-US

03-12-09, 04:59 PM   #3  
If you are only installing a sprinkler system, Why not just rent one?? Are you going to be using it for a business venture, or just a 1 or 2 shot deal. Probably money in the pocket to rent for only a couple projects,, Just thinking, Roger.

03-12-09, 06:26 PM   #4  
the trencher is not the issue. the trench is. you need to consider your frostline to detemine the trenche you need. some "irrigation" (flywheel type) trenchers only dig 8" deep which in many places is enough. if you need to go deeper you need a chain type trencher. total footage is another issue.
the larger and more expensive machines dig deeper and faster at a price. unless you're going into business rental is the only option. as far as buying,,, Ditch Witch is an old standard in the industry but the bottom line is service after the sale.
Case, Vermeer, Toro, and Bobcat are also names worth consideration.

Search this Thread