Murray pushmower carb help

Old 03-16-09, 08:06 PM
Murray pushmower carb help

I have been repairing a couple of mowers for people who cant afford it and i have been running into a few problems with the carb. I have been doing everything I know to do for cleaning carbs but lately i have had a few that just wont stay running after a thorough cleaning. Its like they are not getting enough gas and want to stop runing after a couple of seconds. These have all been Murray mowers and one craftsman, but still getting the same result with just a few of them. Help!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-09, 08:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What kind of engines? So many different carbs and engines...

Just guessing by the description, I'd say you're dealing with tecumsehs, and the tiny hole near the tip of the bowl nut is clogged. When they are clogged, they can be nearly impossible to see. There should be a total of 4 holes in that bolt.

Old 03-17-09, 08:23 AM
no its not the bolt, those holes are cleared.. im guessing all the engines im dealing with are Biggs/Stratton, but what do i know. all the carbs look the same except the craftsman one.

Old 03-17-09, 03:52 PM
If you're guessing so are we, post the engine manufacturer, model and type numbers usually found on the engine shroud just above the spark plug, most of the time the carb is just dirty/varnished, however, if it is a Tecumseh, it is usually the bowl nut, if it's a Tec series 7 carb, its the O-rings, if it's a B&S with the carb on top of the fuel tank, it is the diaphram or tank gasket, if it is B&S bowl carb, it's the bowl nut or O-rings, etc. Have a good one. Geo