Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

John deer Scotts lawn tractor?

03-19-09, 02:43 PM   #1  
John deer Scotts lawn tractor?

ok i have a problem with a lawn tractor im trying to sell. it startes up fine but under heavy load and high rpm it shuts down could this be due to carb problems? shut down as in stalls it has a automatic tranny with 16/42 nice mower lil older cut like nothing else could but the tractor is just stalling on me .....

Sponsored Links

NH

03-19-09, 04:23 PM   #2  
sounds like the carb needs cleaning. specificlly the main jet is cloggged.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-20-09, 10:18 PM   #3  
Got any info like engine brand and model?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NH

03-21-09, 06:45 AM   #5  
We still need an engine brand and model number.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-21-09, 09:04 PM   #6  
....are you not at the location of the mower? Can you open the hood and get the needed info? The engine could be a number of different brands. It could be a single or twin cylinder. It could be overhead valve or flathead. It could be a 20 years old, or 10...etc...

Different engines and brands have different problem areas and are made differently. We are only grasping at straws if you give us no information to base our thinking on.

God bless!

03-21-09, 10:43 PM   #7  
ill let you all know tomorrow i have to go pick it up from my shop so i can work on it in my garage

03-22-09, 12:49 PM   #8  
its a kholer comand cv16s 16 hp motor ill put gas threw the carb from a can on top of the carb threw the air filter way and it will start but stall as soon as i stoip the gas the carb is not letting the engine get gas now there is a electronice cilinder of some sort on the bottom of the carb if i take that off there is some kind of botton on it now when i try to start it it gets kinda hot what is this switch and could that be the reason its not starting? is there a way to bypass the selenoid?

Last edited by Greenmechine; 03-22-09 at 02:30 PM.

03-22-09, 03:09 PM   #9  
Ok update i took off the selinoid and clipped the little knob that stops the fuel from flowing since the selenoid was bad any ways now there is direct flow to the carb. i cleaned everything shot it with aiir and it still wont start like if it isnt getting fuel to the engine there is fuel in the bowl but not sending it to the motor now that selenoid gets hot if i keep it connected but even if its connected or not it still wont start what could be my problem? I have spark cus it will ignight if i manually inject fuel im getting anoyd....

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-22-09, 11:10 PM   #10  
Sounds like you still have a restriction in the carb. Use torch tip cleaners to open every jet and orifice.

God bless!

Search this Thread