Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Crafts Power washer problem

03-22-09, 03:14 PM   #1  
Crafts Power washer problem

I have a model 580-762800 power washer that I just took out of hybernation. The unit worked fine for a short period of time then I noticed that the soap dispenser was not pulling down. I removed the feed line to the eductor to see if it was blocked. Everything was fine. I restarted the unit and the hose blew off the soap feel line. Now I have discharge pressure shooting out of the eductor feed. It is acting as though the internal relief is stuck.

Advice how to resolve?

Sponsored Links

FL

03-22-09, 04:44 PM   #2  
Well, The model number you posted 580.762800 is not coming up on Sears website.

Most OEM's sell a chemical pick-up repair kit which contains a new pick-up hose fitting/ball/spring and O-ring.

It sounds like the O-ring has worn and the ball is jammed in it.

Maybe you can contact Sears for help finding a repair kit.

Good Luck

03-22-09, 06:46 PM   #3  
Craftsman Power Washer

You are right. It was 580-752800 not 762. In order to free up the ball, is it necessary to break open the pump. If so, is it wise to get the gasket kit prior to starting?

FL

03-22-09, 07:38 PM   #4  
No, You shouldn't have to break open the pump.

Go here and enter your model number just like this; 580.752800 with a dot instead of a dash.

Parts & Accessories | Shop & Find Lawn & Garden, Appliance Parts at Sears PartsDirect | SearsPartsDirect.com

Click on pump assembly and look for part reference "G", That should be the only part kit needed to repair the chem pick-up.....

Search this Thread