Lawn Mover shuts off

Old 03-23-09, 08:00 PM
Post Lawn Mover shuts off

Hi my lawn mower is new however, now as soon as it starts it shuts off. Any idea what to whatch out for?
As soon as i pump the button as directed, the lawn mower stars with a good crank, but shuts off right away.
Any ideas?

Last edited by Shadeladie; 03-24-09 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Removed quote and added info from duplicate
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-09, 09:26 AM
Read the forth paragraph below and follow, This will help us explain how to perform the exact needed repairs on your unit.

DoItYourself.com Community Forums - Announcements in Forum : Outdoor Power Equipment and Small Engines

Old 03-24-09, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by rashid15 View Post
Hi my lawn mower is new however, now as soon as it starts it shuts off. Any idea what to whatch out for?
As soon as i pump the button as directed, the lawn mower stars with a good crank, but shuts off right away.
Any ideas?
what are the model numbers off the engine. now from you say it will start right up but quits right after. then when you hit the primer button it starts back up but quits again. if so the carb needs cleaning or a rebuild.

Old 03-24-09, 01:40 PM
New. How new? If it is less than a year old, it should still be under warranty. Take it back and get it fixed.

Old 03-24-09, 04:01 PM
Indy,

I know of no OEM that will cover a carb clean under warranty, Only defects in material and workmanship. Had a customer bring in a 30 min. old unit, They had gassed it up the first time with trashy gas. Yep, They had to pay for the carb clean.