Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

please help me anybody!!!

04-04-09, 08:14 PM   #1  
please help me anybody!!!

i have a murray rear engine rider with an 8 horse motor. last season i had to replace the ignition switch. in the wiring confusion i accidentally removed what i believe to be the diode and i lost it. it was inline running up under the flywheel. will it not start without it? it just turns over but wont start. somebody else told me that it wasnt a diode but a fuse. it didnt look like a regular inline fuse to me though. a man at a mower shop i went to said it sounded like the (ignition coil)?, but i cant trust him because his wife who worked the desk acted like she was on meth and he wasnt much better. i cant afford to put it in the shop and wanted to do it myself. I successfully replaced the transmission, spark plug, battery, and brake pedal last season so i feel pretty confident i can do this. any help is appreciated.

thanks, fatboymowing

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-04-09, 08:19 PM   #2  
If this was a bulge under shrink wrap on the red wire coming from under the flywheel, it is the diode. You can replace it yourself, but it will not keep the engine from starting. If you connected the alternator without the diode, it is probably burned up now anyway. I'd start by figuring out why it won't start, and work your way from there. Does it have spark?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread