Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftman 4 cycle Weedwacker

TX

04-07-09, 07:07 AM   #1  
Craftman 4 cycle Weedwacker

Customer brought me this trimmer for repair,it would not start.It has 90# of compression,and has a good spark.I can put some fuel in the spark plug hole,and it will run and die.I can also spray some carb. cleaner in the carb.and it will run and die.I overhaul the carb.with a new kit,and have took it apart twice and sprayed it with carb. cleaner still no gas to plug.I have replace the fuel lines and filter.I getting gas to the primer bulb when I press it.The lines are not crossed.the carb.WYL148.Model#358.796121.Sorry for the long thread.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sponsored Links

MO

04-07-09, 09:25 AM   #2  
Sounds like an air leak, tighten all the crankcase bolts, also check that the insulator between the carb and crankcase isn't cracked. If you can keep it running long enough, spray some carb cleaner along the mating surfaces to see if the engine tempo changes indicating a leak. Have a good one. Geo

TX

04-08-09, 02:57 PM   #3  
geogrubb,you hit the nail right on the head.Check the insulator was not crack,but the gasket between the insulator and the head was bad,replaced it,now the trimmer runs great.

Thanks,
Jerry

MO

04-08-09, 03:07 PM   #4  
Success is a wonderful sound. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread