Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Uh oh I broke it - Murray riding mower blade adapter or bushing?

BitShift's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 87

04-10-09, 04:45 PM   #1  
Need help identifying broken part -Murray riding mower blade adapter or bushing?

I have a Murray riding mower with a 32in mower deck. I ran over a rock and it bent the crud out of the blade. After finally deciding that I had better check the blade, I discovered it was bent and after taking off the blade the large "bearing" or washer above the blade was broken in several pieces. Im not sure what the name of this piece is called, can anyone help ?

What is the broken piece in the picture ? I was on the blade shaft, just above the blade (I think) along with the other washers.

Last edited by BitShift; 04-10-09 at 05:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
31YTech's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,263

04-10-09, 05:55 PM   #2  
It's called a blade adapter, You may want to spin the blade pulley up top while looking at the shaft where the blade goes on. You may have bent the shaft as well.

Good Luck

Search this Thread