fuel line on Blower

Old 04-09-09, 05:58 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
fuel line on Blower

I have a homelite blower hb-180 and the 2 fuel lines from the tank to the carb are gone> They are a tight fit, how hard are they to replace in the tank?

Old 04-09-09, 10:53 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Not really hard to do...I push the fuel line into the tank until it comes out the filler neck, put the filter on, then pull it in partway. I actually have a tool called a "hookout" found in the fishing dept of many stores and I use it to grab the fuel line way up in the tank and pull it out through the opening. The filtered line goes to the inlet side of the carb or suction side of the primer. The return line can just be a short line just into the tank.

Old 04-10-09, 04:17 AM
M
Thanks alot, I do have a hookout. I had a tough time pulling the 2 lines out, they were swollen

Old 04-10-09, 09:12 AM
M
I forgot where the filtered line went. Is it right beside the primer bulb or on the bottom of the carb? I should have drawn a diagram, but stupid me forgot

Old 04-10-09, 07:41 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Push the primer bulb. When you push it the line that air comes out of is the one without the filter. The port that sucks air in when you release the primer is the one the filtered line goes to.

Fast1, a hookout is a long tool with a grip you squeeze on one end that closes small jaws on the other end. It is designed to reach down a fish's throat to remove a swallowed hook, but also works great for working on 2-strokes when it comes to changing fuel lines.

Old 04-10-09, 07:54 PM
M
OK, thanks alot, it's up and running

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: