Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Carb Identification

04-11-09, 10:39 AM   #1  
Carb Identification

Hi,

I am working on a tecumseh snow blower, model hm80-155233h at school and am cleaning out the carb. There are 2 stamps on the carburetor, 1099 G5G and 39. Does anyone know what these stamps signify? I have come across suggestions that the 1099 is the manufacturer id and G5G is a date made code. But I cant find anything on the 39. I need this info to complete an assignment.

Thanks in advance.

Ned

Sponsored Links

04-11-09, 10:58 AM   #2  
Don't worry about it. These casting numbers have nothing to do with identifying the carb for parts look up or service instructions. The important numbers are the model and spec which you have.

MO

04-11-09, 12:48 PM   #3  
I think this is the info you are looking for. Have a good one. Geo

04-11-09, 02:21 PM   #4  
still need to know

Hi,

I need the information to complete the assignment. Can anyone confirm the 1099 5G5 is the manufacturer and date code of the carb? I have seen the tecumseh manual and it seems to confirm this but I want to be sure...But what of the 39 that is stamped on it as well? The 39 is separate from the other code (just above the gas inlet). My instructor knows what they are for and he wants to see if I can find out as well.

Search this Thread