Ultrasonic Cleaners - do they work well

Old 04-13-09, 07:31 AM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Ultrasonic Cleaners - do they work well

I am considering buying an ultrasonic cleaner to clean carbs. I was looking at Harbor Freight and they have one for about $30. I was surprised to see that they use water. Do you folks think this will do a good job on carbs ?? I have a carb off a Honda GX160 that is giving me fits.

Old 04-13-09, 07:56 AM
B
Received 47 Upvotes on 43 Posts
My experience with ultrasonic cleaners, I have a small one, is they are excellent for cleaning where you can't or don't want to reach. However, when cleaning a dirt and grease accumulation off of a surface, they or at least mine, will remove the grease and leave the dirt. Maybe I need to add some efferdent to get everything off at once, but we mostly cleaned bearings so didn't have to deal with brushing/scrubbing off the dirt residue. For getting into the small areas of a carb, I would think one would do a good job. We did use solvents when needed, but mostly the water and detergent mix.

Bud

Old 04-13-09, 09:38 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
I have the $79 one from Harbor Freight, Item # 95563 I have only cleaned on carb with it so far and it seemed to work fine, however my problem is getting used to using soap and water instead of carb cleaners that will eat you skin off, I still have the "Bigger Hammer" is better mentality. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: