Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mantis Tiller Problem (Won't Start Period)

04-14-09, 01:20 PM   #1  

Hello, My Mantis which i purchased in February 2006 has refused to crank! It seems to have a serious flooding problems due to amount of gas found inside muffler/exhaust. Has anyone with a Mantis Tiller experience a similar problem? the Ignition coil is firing! A new spark plug has been installed and a new carb kit. Engine fired once yesterday after changing spark plug but it won't crank at all! Should i disassemble the carb if the problem is simple to locate or just replace the carb? The Mantis customer service folks weren't too helpful! They recommended to take it to a dealer which I'm trying to avoid if possible due to their high labor charges.
thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-14-09, 10:27 PM   #2  
If gas is coming out the exhaust, it is flooding terribly. This is a carb problem. The inlet needle may not be seating.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-15-09, 05:40 AM   #3  

Alright, i will take it apart and inspect it. Thanks

Posted By: cheese If gas is coming out the exhaust, it is flooding terribly. This is a carb problem. The inlet needle may not be seating.

04-30-09, 06:23 AM   #4  

FYI,
I recently installed a new carburetor. I found that the old carb had internal damage! Tiller is running fine now!
Thanks for the assistance! I appreciate it very much.

Posted By: cheese If gas is coming out the exhaust, it is flooding terribly. This is a carb problem. The inlet needle may not be seating.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-01-09, 12:24 AM   #5  
Great! Glad to help, and thanks for the update.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread