Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Mower Giving Me Fits...

04-14-09, 06:30 PM   #1  
Craftsman Mower Giving Me Fits...

I have inherited a Craftsman 6.0 hp Eager-One, number 917.372860, and it's driving me batty. I replaced the spark plug, air filter, oil, and zone cable. After priming the pump, it usually starts on the first or second pull, but will then die. After searching thru this forum, it seems I may need to clean the carb plug. Looking at the manual, I cannot find this plug. The engine model, according to the manual, is a Craftsman 143.956000. I am probably overlooking the obvious, but could anyone out there help this frazzled non-mechanic? I have jpegs of the engine and carb pages, plus the corresponding parts list, if needed....

Thanks,
Hundin

EDIT: Forgot to mention that after fighting with this mower for about half a day, it will EVENTUALLY stay started, and will finish both the front and back yards....

Sponsored Links

MO

04-14-09, 07:36 PM   #2  
Based on the engine model number provided you have a series 7 carb and the bowl nut referred to in the other posts doesn't really apply, the simplest solution is to replace the complet bowl assembly which is a snap on fix and about $15-18. Refer to the picture in the link below, the wire bail holds it on, you just snap it off with a screwdriver and replace with the new one. Have a good one. Geo
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z.../Picture-1.jpg

04-14-09, 08:08 PM   #3  
Posted By: geogrubb Based on the engine model number provided you have a series 7 carb and the bowl nut referred to in the other posts doesn't really apply
That makes sense, and makes me feel better....I'm NOT going crazy!

Posted By: geogrubb the simplest solution is to replace the complet bowl assembly which is a snap on fix and about $15-18
Thanks! Just ordered one, will report back after I've got it in place. I appreciate the quick reply....

Hundin

Search this Thread