Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

toro 51950 trimmer won't run @ WOT

04-17-09, 11:37 PM   #1  
toro 51950 trimmer won't run @ WOT

I have a Toro 51950 gas trimmer.

It will start and idle ok, but will not run at full throttle.

What to check?

Is the carb on this trimmer adjustable? I have looked it over and don't seem to be finding any adjustment screws?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links

04-18-09, 10:24 AM   #2  
IMHO somebody at Toro oughtta be given last choice of cigarette at dawn, those things are a huge PITA. They were built by Homelite under the Toro brand exclusively for H-D, there is no service information through Toro for them. H-D finally wised up and dropped them.
Try pumping the primer a few more times and if that does not fix the problem, throw it in the trash and chalk the cost up to experience.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-18-09, 09:10 PM   #3  
Don't chuck it just yet...

Try removing the spark arrestor from the muffler if it has one. If not, remove the entire muffler and see if it revs up good. I'm betting the spark arrestor or muffler is plugged with carbon and restricting the exhaust. Especially in light of the fact that it starts and runs good otherwise. If it revs fine without the arrestor or muffler, clean it/them out and reinstall.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread