Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mtd gas edger not working

04-19-09, 02:17 PM   #1  
Mtd gas edger not working

Hi all,

This morning I bought a used MDT gas edger (Model Series 580). The engine was cold and the guy started it up on the first pull and it ran like a champ. I had to lay the edger down to transport it home. However, when I got home the engine wouldn't start. I took the spark plug off and discoverd it was covered in gas. I then took the air filter off and found gas in the basin where the air filter sits. The air filter itself was not wet. Is it possible that when I laid the engine down that gas somehow spilled into somewhere it wasn't suppose to go? At this point I only replaced the spark plug with negative results. The engine is a B&S model series 90000. Should I just wait a few days to let everything dry out? Any suggestions would be apperciated. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-19-09, 06:50 PM   #2  
It should be ok after it dries out. You can help clear the gas by cranking it over without the plug in it. Make sure there is no gas in the oil.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread